Register | Lost password?
Summer 2014 Writing Contest Guidelines!
May 26, 2014
3:24 pm
Admin
Thanked 20 times

open-format-contest.jpg

Summer 2014 Writing Contest

Summer is finally here! This year we are going to have one bigger contest instead of a few smaller ones. This means the contest will be open longer and the prizes are bigger!

Format: Open format, any kind of poetry, stories, etc.
Topic: Any
Entries: 5/26-7/14 @ 11:59pm EST.
Poll: 7/15-7/26 @ 11:59pm EST.

The Prizes
1st= $100 Amazon.com giftcard
2nd= $35 Amazon.com giftcard
3rd= $15 Amazon.com giftcard

The Rules
1) Each member can only submit 1 writing per contest
2) The writing submission must be your own work

This contest will run until 7/14/14 @ 11:59pm EST. Afterwards, a poll will be opened for 12 days in the current contest forum for everyone to VOTE for a winner! When the winners are determined they will be sent a private message that contains the Amazon gift card numbers on our site. The winners will also receive forum badges and their writings will be added to the featured section.

Disclaimer
[by submitting a writing you are agreeing to the rules, and you are giving us permission to email you the gift card numbers in the event that you are a winner. In addition, Thoughts Incorporated is neither liable nor responsible for the giftcard(s) usage. Furthermore, we reserve the right to remove submissions that violate the forum rules]

Attachments
May 27, 2014
12:38 am

Thanked 153 times

Great idea! Lots of time....yet not so much. Better get started. Wonder what I'll do with a Hundred bucks...? Nyuck nyuck. Everytime I start bragging about winning, I crash and burn. Good luck everybody.

I am a man with one distinguishing manner. I view life as a nonstop roll by circus. Whatever my senses signal to my brain, it is received as humor.
May 30, 2014
12:06 am
Writer

Thanked 5 times

This is an awesome idea! So many ways to do this. I hate I haven't been around more often. I've just been popping in and out these last few months sharing and reading when I can. There has been a lot of personal stuff going on with my family- medical stuff. I just want you all to know that I enjoy being a part of this community. You all are fantastic! Best of luck to everyone!

The following users say thank you to KC for this useful post:

tlhopkinson, Killerelite
“The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart.”~Anon
May 30, 2014
9:58 am

Thanked 228 times

Nice to hear from you @KC 

Wine is bottled poetry. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
June 6, 2014
7:57 am

Thanked 178 times

Woohoo! Happy dance.................. Booyah! Open contest? Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with...................... Good one Admin.....................

Semper Fi

Those individuals who deem themselves perfect barely scratch an elbow in their fall from grace. Wm Steele

Most Users Online: 144

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

c4a1g: 610

craigb12: 509

DivRem: 303

luv2rite: 260

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 8