your pizzazz and your zest

that makes this mundane existence

a pleasure to partake in—

tantalizing and delicious.

Wine is bottled poetry. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
February 16, 2013
12:15 pm

Thanked 41 times

So many lines in this poem made me smile :) . Very creative metaphors. I really like the tone switches from playful to serious. This is a great reminder of how others can lift us up and make each day more pleasurable. Nice work!

My fav. lines were-

"A little shake as you walk by
or when you greet me on the street
makes my cookie dough rise."

smile2

Perfection; my greatest strength and weakness.
June 15, 2013
4:10 pm

Thanked 153 times

Ba-da-boom ba-da-bing, I read this when you posted it but never replied and forgot about it. I found it by mistake today while hacking the site..... I mean checking the security of the server. The word racy comes to mind. That's what metaphors tend to do. It shows the readers thought process. Either you were talking about sex or making a nice Italian dinner. It contain a lot of words that could be use in a Harlequin Romance novel. 

Rising, grinding, quenching, twisting, pumping, shaking, stewing, spicy, yearning, ripping tearing smacking kicking choking cutting.

My mistake, It is just Italians eating dinner........

Forgewright 

I am a man with one distinguishing manner. I view life as a nonstop roll by circus. Whatever my senses signal to my brain, it is received as humor.
June 15, 2013
4:54 pm

Thanked 228 times

Don't kid yourself, everything is about sex, especially everything in poetry :)

June 15, 2013
4:55 pm

Thanked 228 times

Oh and FYI, this one won the Arts Fest Ironpen back in 2007 and was printed in the Valentines edition of my university's newspaper this year.

June 15, 2013
5:17 pm

Thanked 153 times

Hmmm. Sex sells. I'll have to give it a try. Writing it i mean.

I am a man with one distinguishing manner. I view life as a nonstop roll by circus. Whatever my senses signal to my brain, it is received as humor.
June 16, 2013
12:50 am

Thanked 228 times

LOL, careful with that prompt :)

June 16, 2013
10:55 am

Thanked 178 times

@!#$%^%^*^&&@$%^ WTF? It sure didn't take you guys long to get off the beaten path. @tlhopkinson. Really? Everything is about sex? I'll try and forget that comment when a TSA agent tries to pat me down. Or when I go for a Colonoscopy. If the attending physician seems a tad anxious and happens to be sporting a woody. "Hey Doc. Take the long way, stick the camera down my throat, cause we ain't going through the keister!" 

@Forgewright. I hope if you're gonna write something steamy, it has humor. I'm not going there just yet. Word polishing the act of getting laid seems a bit torturous. And should you take on the endeavor please write about protected sex. Lord know we don't need any STD's spreading at Thoughts...................

Those individuals who deem themselves perfect barely scratch an elbow in their fall from grace. Wm Steele
June 16, 2013
12:53 pm

Thanked 153 times

Ha, Right on. I would say a few verses about teenage backseat fumbling would work. The excitement of base achievements followed by complete incompetence would read well. I remember thinking I would have to be able to snap my fingers like the Fonz to undue a bra. Hell, I still couldn't do that!

Forgewright 

June 16, 2013
1:03 pm

Thanked 228 times

Everything ends up being related to sex in some way... sex is almost as hard (um, difficult) to write about as love without sounding like a cheeseball. I agree, that adding humor would make the cheesiness appropriate. At any rate, some poets can and do write poems that aren't technically on the topic of sex, but DO include plenty of words and phrases to get the imagination going. So yes, if you were to write a poem about a colonoscopy, I am sure someone, somewhere, would find something sexual in it. Yeah, ok, I feel an STD stinging my eyes... best stop commenting :) .

Most Users Online: 144

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

c4a1g: 611

craigb12: 509

DivRem: 303

luv2rite: 260

Member Stats: